Phoenix, AZ—Arizona Center for Cancer Care (AZCCC) a leading cancer treatment center, is proud to be the first positron emission tomography (PET) center in Arizona to offer PYLARIFY® (piflufolastat F 18) Injection. PYLARIFY® is a radioactive diagnostic agent indicated for positron emission tomography of prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA) positive lesions in men with prostate cancer. PYLARIFY® offered by Lantheus Pharmaceutical received FDA approval in May 2021 and is now available.
One in eight men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer and is the second most common cancer among men next to skin cancer. The American Cancer Society estimates that in 2021 there will roughly 250,000 prostate cancer diagnoses and 35,000 deaths.
What this means for patients and treatment:
“We are excited to be able to offer personalized treatment options for prostate cancer patients based on the true stage of each individual patient’s disease. This innovative technology allows us to customize treatment plans for newly diagnosed and recurrent prostate cancer by improving our ability to determine where the cancer is when compared to older methods.” Dr. Gregory Maggass, MD, Radiation Oncologist, Arizona Center for Cancer Care.
PYLARIFY® (piflufolastat F 18) Injection is a radioactive diagnostic agent indicated for positron emission tomography (PET) of prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA) positive lesions in men with prostate cancer:
- With suspected metastasis who are candidates for initial definitive therapy.
- With suspected recurrence based on elevated serum prostate-specific antigen (PSA)
Find more information here: https://www.pylarify.com/biochemical-pca
- In patients with recurrent prostate cancer based on elevated serum PSA, Pylarify PET/CT achieved the primary endpoint of correct localization rate: 85%-87% across all 3 readers (lower bound of 95% CI: 78%-80%)1
- PYLARIFY® PET/CT demonstrated high CLR independent of baseline PSA levels
- Detection rates for PYLARIFY® PET/CT rose with increasing PSA levels (36.2% at <0.5 ng/mL to 96.7% at ≥5 ng/mL)
For over a decade, Arizona Center for Cancer Care has provided multi-specialty treatment to more than 30,000 cancer patients across the Valley and prides itself on the importance of serving the entire family. Arizona Center for Cancer Care’s mission is to provide the highest quality cancer treatment in Arizona. At AZCCC, patients can depend on the absolute best doctors and staff for cancer care. They are a cancer center without walls with services stretching across the Valley and beyond.
Contact: Jenny Martin firstname.lastname@example.org 414-378-8703