Yes, guys also get breast cancer.
Male breast cancer is more rare than female breast cancer, and it forms in the breast tissue of men. It is most common in older men. However, it can occur at any age.
Just like for women, men diagnosed with male breast cancer at an early stage have a good chance for a cure. Treatment typically involves surgery to remove the breast tissue. Other treatments, such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy, may be needed depending on the stage.”
Signs and Symptoms of Male Breast Cancer
Signs and symptoms of male breast cancer can include:
- A painless lump or thickening in the man’s breast tissue
- Changes to the skin covering the breast, such as dimpling, puckering, redness or scaling
- Changes to the nipple, such as redness or scaling, or a nipple that begins to turn inward
- Discharge from the nipple
Make an appointment with your doctor if you have any persistent signs or symptoms that worry you.
Risk Factors for Breast Cancer in Men
- Older age. The risk of breast cancer increases as you age. Male breast cancer is most often diagnosed in men in their 60s.
- Exposure to estrogen. If you take estrogen-related drugs, such as those used for hormone therapy for prostate cancer, your risk of breast cancer is increased.
- Family history of breast cancer. If you have a close family member with breast cancer, you have a greater chance of developing the disease.
- Liver disease. Certain conditions, such as cirrhosis of the liver, can reduce male hormones and increase female hormones, increasing your risk of breast cancer.
- Obesity is associated with higher levels of estrogen in the body, which increases the risk of male breast cancer.
AZCCC is the Leading Arizona Cancer Treatment Center
Arizona Center for Cancer Care provides multi-specialty treatment to more than 30,000 cancer patients across the Valley and understands the importance of serving the entire family. Arizona Center for Cancer Care’s mission is to provide the highest quality cancer treatment in Arizona. At AZCCC, patients can depend on the very best doctors and staffs for cancer care. They are a cancer center without walls with services stretching across the Valley and beyond.
Arizona Center for Cancer Care is here for you and for your family. For more info please go to https://arizonaccc.com/contact-us/