Arizona Center for Cancer Care has brought together the top specialists in cancer treatment, technology and research in order to provide the most cutting-edge, patient-focused service in the state – and beyond.
Giraldo Kato, MDMedical Oncology
- Language(s): English, Spanish
- College: Cornell University
- Medical School: Universidad Central del Este, Dominican Republic
- Internship: East Carolina University School of Medicine, Pitt County Memorial Hospital
- Residency: East Carolina University School of Medicine
- Fellowship: Comprehensive Cancer Center of Wake Forrest University
- Board Certification: American Board of Internal Medicine: Medical Oncology, Internal Medicine
Dr. Giraldo Kato specializes in medical oncology and hematology and has a special interest in breast cancer. His research interests include new breast cancer therapies as well as gastrointestinal and thoracic malignancies.
Dr. Kato joined Arizona Center for Cancer Care in 2013, when his team at Pinnacle Oncology Hematology partnered with the practice. Prior to joining Pinnacle Oncology, Dr. Kato served as chief of hematology/oncology at Maricopa Medical Center.
Dr. Kato received his Bachelor of Science degree from Cornell University and attended medical school at the Universidad Central del Este in the Dominican Republic. He subsequently received a Master’s of Public Health degree from the University of Miami and completed his residency in internal medicine in 1997 at East Carolina University School of Medicine, where he served as chief resident. His fellowship in both hematology and medical oncology was completed at the Comprehensive Cancer Center of Wake Forest University in 1999.
Dr. Kato is a member of American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Medical Association and The American Society of Hematology. He is certified by the Medical Oncology Board and American Board of Internal Medicine.
Virginia G Piper Cancer Care Network 10460 N. 92nd St. Scottsdale AZ 85258