Arizona Center for Cancer Care has brought together the top specialists in cancer treatment, technology and research in order to provide the most cutting-edge, patient-focused service in the state – and beyond.
John Davis MD,
College: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Medical School: Medical College of Wisconsin
Residency: Creighton University
Fellowship: Mayo Clinic
Dr. Davis is a fellowship trained breast surgeon specializing in benign and malignant diseases of the breast. He focuses on a multidisciplinary team approach which encompasses the entire care of the patient from their initial diagnosis until complete post-operative recovery. He has a clinical interest for the adolescent population, lympho-venous bypass, minimally invasive surgical techniques and oncoplastic reconstruction.
He was born and raised in Chicago, IL and completed undergraduate training at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Subsequently he attended the Medical College of Wisconsin followed by General Surgery Residency at Creighton University School of Medicine in Phoenix, Arizona. Ultimately Dr. Davis completed his prestigious Breast Surgical Oncology Fellowship at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota
Dr. Davis is an editor for various journals with over 50 publications including oral and poster presentations to date. He is the leading author on several manuscripts focusing on advanced stage breast cancer, idiopathic granulomatous mastitis and the management of adolescent breast masses. He strives to raise the bar in the advancement of breast cancer management and technology.
As the lead breast surgeon for the Multidisciplinary Breast Tumor Board he has a special interest in the management of complex breast cases. He is involved in enrolling patients into national research studies and clinical trials. His love of outdoor activities and warm weather has drawn him to the Southwest where he currently resides and practices.
Areas of Expertise
- Benign and Malignant Breast Disease
- Adolescent Breast Disease
- Male Breast Cancer
- Genetic Risk Screening and high Risk Patient Analysis
- Idiopathic Granulomatous Mastitis
- Ultrasound Certification
- Oncoplastic Surgery Certification
- Clinical Trial Research
- Lumpectomy, Excisional Biopsies, Duct Excisions
- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy
- Axillary Lymph Node Dissections
- Nipple Sparing Mastectomy
- Oncoplastic Breast Surgery
- Hidden Scar Central Venous Catheter Placement
- Lympho-venous bypass (prophylactic surgery to prevent lymphedema)
- Placement of Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation catheters (brachytherapy)
3645 S. Rome St. #116 Gilbert AZ 85297