Vi Hua, MD
- Language(s): English, Cantonese
- College: University of Texas at Austin
- Medical School: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
- Internship: Northwestern University
- Residency: Northwestern University
- Fellowship: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
- Board Certification: American Board of Urology
Dr. Vi N. Hua specializes in urology, and his interests include laparoscopy and minimally invasive urology. . In his training, he has acquired the distinguishing skills for performing nephron-sparing laparoscopic partial nephrectomies, laparoscopic renal cryoablation, and laparoscopic da Vinci robotic radical prostatectomies.
He joined Arizona Center for Cancer Care in 2010 when his team at Valley Urology Associates, entered into partnership with them. Dr. Hua earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry from the University of Texas at Austin and earned his medical degree from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, where he was awarded the Medical Student Research Forum Award. He completed a residency in general surgery as well as in urology at the McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University, where he would eventually serve as chief resident and president of the McGaw Resident and Fellow Forum.
Dr. Hua is certified by The American Board of Urology. He is also certified in the da Vinci Robotic Surgery System and Encocare Cryotherapy.